Book Your Room Direct
Activities & Boat trips
There is plenty to see and do in Crinan and the surrounding area.
The Crinan Canal walk begins right outside the hotel door, and there are several short walks on which visitors can find out more about this magical destination. Right behind the hotel is our own 'secret garden' - tended by Frances Macdonald, this is open to hotel guests who seek a little sanctuary in which to stroll and contemplate the seasons.
For the more energetic guests there are several golf courses nearby. We have a splendid 40' classic wooden MFV (motor fishing vessel) which can be chartered on a daily basis complete with skipper or for longer bespoke charters. Why not enjoy a lobster lunch at anchor by the Isle of Jura and then stroll ashore to see where George Orwell stayed as he wrote 1984.
Local leisure and sporting activities include:
- Motor Yacht trips round the Isles
- Sailing Charters
- Horse riding & Trail riding
- Clay Pigeon Shooting
- Cycling & Mountain Biking
- Historic and Nature Walks
- Heritage Sites to visit
- Championship Golf Course at Machrihanish and other nearby courses
- Health & Beauty
- Visitor attractions
- The Corryvreckan Whirlpool
- Kilmartin Glen
- Wildlife & bird watching - HOAWO Visitor centre close to Crinan
- Wildlife & bird watching - Explore Argyll's listing of facilities and organisations throughout Argyll
- Knapdale Beavers at Barnluasgan
- Whisky Distilleries
Within an hours drive there are many small villages, craft workshops and galleries, famous Scottish landmarks as well as a host of nature reserves and forest walks. Local guides will help you discover so much about Argyll and this part of Scotland and if you are lucky you will spot otters, seals, beavers, eagles and more.
A useful source of information is the Explore Argyll & The Isles website: www.exploreargyll.co.uk/things-to-do.php
If you would like to discuss your requirements please call 01546 830261 or email: [email protected]